Hello friendos. It’s the beginning of June, which means my last round of bi-monthly goals has come to an end. Let’s see how we did! Make sure you check out my original post for more details on this round of goals.
1. My first goal was to write 60,000 words in my current novel. I’m at 61,433 as of today. Nailed it! I am wanting to have this book completely finished by the end of July, finishing it during the second Camp NaNo of the summer.
2. My second goal was to write at least 500 words a day in any project. Between this blog, my gardening blog, and my book, I’d say I’ve been writing closer to 2,000 words a day, sometimes around 3,000. It’s a hard knock life. At any rate, I’m definitely going to continue that trend for June and July.
3. My third goal was to win Camp NaNo in April. If you’ve been around here a while, you’ll know that I DID in fact, WIN! It was a crowning achievement, and if you want to relive the celebration, check out that blog.
4. I also planned to read 5 books. I’m looking at my Goodreads reads account right now and it says I only read one, which is surprising and doesn’t sound right but it probably is. That means I’ve probably been focusing too much on writing and not enough on reading. They have to go hand in hand! I feel pretty disappointed with this one, so maybe our next goal will be a bit better….
5. Ah, dangit. My 5th goal was to have Zelda: Breath of the Wild beat by the end of by the end of May. That didn’t happen either. Next… lucky number six?
6. Man. Number 6 was to go on a no buy, and I didn’t do that either. I didn’t buy any clothes, makeup, or books so I got that going for me, but I probably did buy a few things I could have lived without. Vegan Birkenstocks? Were those a must have? Debatable.
7. I knocked this one out of the part. My seventh goal was to blog every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Not only did I post 3 times a week to this blog, I also posted 2 times a week on my other blog starting in late April. I’ve been writing and posting blogs every weekday for a good month now. It gets a little exhausting but I love writing so I do it for myself.
As for June and July, I want to continue writing every day and working on my book. I think I will make a separate post for June/July coming up soon after I have a little think about it.